With privacy and security becoming primary concern for internet users, Brave Software has launched a new web browser, Brave. The browser is now available for download on Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS for free. Brave browser comes with built-in ad blockers and can even prevent website from tracking you. Brave Software says it doesn’t store users’ browsing data and will not sell data to third parties. The browser also gives users options to customise per-site basis security. There’s also a dashboard which shows how many ads and trackers are blocked by the browser. “Browse confidently with default settings that block phishing, malware, and malvertising. Also, plugins, which have proven to be a security risk, are disabled by default. Brave Sync, currently in beta, can be enabled to encrypt and synchronize your preferred settings and bookmarks. However, Brave does not have the keys to decrypt your data,” the company says on its website.Apart from security, the browser promises 3x to 6x faster surfing experience than the competition, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The company has also posted a video of side-by-side comparison of the browsing speed on the three browsers.Other features of the browser include import your settings from your… Read full this story
- 5 reasons to browse with privacy in mind
- Why you shouldn't keep too many tabs open in your Web browser
- Online privacy: Don't let internet provider watch you
- What to do after Microsoft ends support for older browsers
- Mozilla blocks Adobe's Flash from Firefox, Facebook says program should be killed
- Google circumvented Apple’s privacy settings to track users as they browsed the web: report
- White House introduces new Consumer Privacy Bill of Rights to protect personal data online
- Mozilla Firefox phones to launch in nine countries in June
- Ken Colburn: Understanding private browsing on computer
- Mozilla makes push into smartphone market with Firefox OS and $50 devices
- Why does Chrome ask for your Mac Keychain password?
- Google offers hackers $1 million in prizes to find bugs in Chrome
Privacy-focused Brave browser offers ‘3x to 6x faster’ browsing than Chrome, Firefox have 336 words, post on m.hindustantimes.com at November 14, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.