Scientists have developed a more comprehensive way to simulate the physics of the sun. Hideyuki Hotta/Chiba University Advertisement Solar scientists have devised a new, more comprehensive way to display the magnetic field of the star that commands the center of our astral neighborhood. Though it’s 92.95 million miles (149.6 million kilometers) away from where you’re reading this, the sun affects almost every aspect of Earth-bound life. That’s why it’s important to improve our understanding of how the star works. It’s not just life here on Earth affected, as the 11-year cycle the sun’s magnetic field undergoes affects processes in our atmosphere and that of other planets, and elsewhere in space. This image of the sun’s magnetic field comes courtesy new developments in simulating the star’s physics. Hideyuki Hotta/Chiba University Here on Earth we’ve been able to simulate many of the sun’s electromagnetic physics processes, but until now the simulations have had to either focus on the sun close up, or one a large scale. What happens in the sun’s small-scale chaotic fields has been reproduced, as has that of the macro-level, but reconciling the two has so far proven unattainable. Imagine you’re running a restaurant. Now imagine that in your… Read full this story
- Earth’s Magnetic Field Was on the Brink of Collapse 565 Million Years Ago
- Earth's Magnetic Field has Moved Unexpectedly and Scientists Aren't Sure Why
- Jaguars' Marcell Dareus heads to New Era Field with a lot to prove
- [BN] Blitz newsletter: New Era Field ranks 21st out of 107 pro stadiums in food safety rating
- New Temple field hockey coach excited to “change” program
- Bills and Dolphins wrap up season at 1 p.m. Sunday at New Era Field
- North Carolina voter fraud probe could prompt new primary, general elections
- Scrutiny of Russia probe grows under new acting A.G.
- Sen. Jeff Flake: Protect Robert Mueller probe or no new federal judges
- Under the Sun: A New Yorker Lights Up Phoenix Nights
- New Allianz Field's Concacaf Gold Cup in June a sellout
- The Poked Yolk opens second location a half-mile from New Era Field
Probing the Sun's Physics With a New Magnetic Field Simulation have 360 words, post on science.howstuffworks.com at March 24, 2016. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.