While other stars are decking out 20-foot trees in fake snow and globe-sized ornaments, Rachel Bilson and her daughter Briar Rose, 3, took a different approach to holiday decor.
The O.C. alum, 36, who separated from Briar Rose’s father Hayden Christensen in September, shared a sweet photo of their Charlie Brown-style Christmas tree on Instagram, writing, “When you let your three year old pick out the tree…”
Just because their tree is a little on the short and sparse side, standing about a foot tall and boasting approximately six branches to decorate, doesn’t mean the mother and daughter didn’t make a good showing of holiday spirit in giving it a little sprucing up.
Colored lights, mini candy canes and a few select ornaments make the little guy — who would likely have ended up in the wood chipper had he not been Briar Rose’s pick — look just as festive as a full-grown evergreen.
Bilson has been coparenting with Christensen, 36, since they parted after 10 years together. The actors met on the set of their 2008 film Jumper and got engaged later that year. They called off their engagement in August 2010 but reconciled three months later.
RELATED VIDEO: Rachel Bilson and Hayden Christensen Had ‘Constant Conflicts’, Says Source
Christensen spoke about naming his daughter Briar Rose in 2015.
“There’s a Disney reference there I suppose,” he said of her unique name. “The original Sleeping Beauty is called Briar Rose. Rachel — we both love Disney — but Rachel especially was very keen on the name.”
No word yet on if the family will be celebrating Chrismukkah with some Yamaclaus as a unit.
- Get out to a farm and pick your own food
- Rachel Macy, who comforted MAX stabbing victim, sentenced to federal prison
- Best and worst of Summerfest Day 1: Kane Brown, Walker Hayes, Jethro Tull and more
- Charlie and Megan are sharing a stage
- Sweet peas, peonies and cow parsley: the best events to celebrate British Flowers Week across the UK
- O Holy Night (and Day)
- Honoring the ‘Five-0’ dads for Father’s Day
- 4 shows in 4 days: My week in local theater and what I didn't write in my reviews
- Strong guest stars, helped to elevate ‘Five-0’ storylines
- Frazer Clarke reveals he was stabbed in Burton
- Musical Beach Chairs
- England blow 21-point lead as South Africa inflict fourth successive Test defeat on Eddie Jones' side
Rachel Bilson and Daughter Briar Rose Just Picked Out the Best Charlie Brown Christmas Tree have 438 words, post on people.com at December 11, 2017. This is cached page on Konitono.Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.