Forbes has released its annual team valuation list. Surprise: the Yankees are the most valuable team at $4 billion. The Los Angeles Dodgers are No. 2 at $3 billion, the Chicago Cubs third at $2.9 billion, the San Francisco Giants fourth at $2.85 billion and the Boston Red Sox, at $2.8 billion, round out the top five. The two least valuable teams: the Marlins at number 29 and the Rays at number 30 at $900 million. According to Forbes, the average MLB team is worth $1.645 billion, up 7% from last year, while average revenue was up almost 5% and operating income was down 17%. There is always a lot of criticism of these sorts of lists, sometimes even from Forbes itself. Forbes has been doing it for over 20 years and, within the game, club owners laugh at it. Then again, they have a vested interest in downplaying their team’s revenue, profits and worth at some times and overstating team worth at others, so I’m not sure the owners are any more reliable either. Ultimately, a team is worth what it can sell for. Like most things. Follow @craigcalcaterra
- Young Yankees take experience into another ALCS with Astros
- Employers urged to stop asking about criminal record
- Rumour Mill: Hull eye Celtic attacker
- Democrats 2020: Could Michael Bloomberg dethrone Donald Trump in the battle of the billionaires?
- 'Someone knows something': Police make fresh appeal over Gerard Ross murder
- Celebrations in Preston Village Hall as Doreen receives her BEM
- Amazon overtakes Microsoft as most valuable company in world for first time as value soars to $797 BILLION
- Mariano Rivera: Baseball Hall of Fame is for guys like Yankees legend
- American Samoa National Baseball Team pays visit to Harmon students
- Pitchers’ Duel: Yankees and Astros Meet in a Series Both Saw Coming
- Breaking down Yankees-Astros ALCS matchup
- Kyle Schwarber knows what Yankees’ Aaron Hicks is going through
Shocker: the Yankees are baseball’s most valuable team at $4 billion have 303 words, post on mlb.nbcsports.com at April 11, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.