“Saturday Night Live” continued its trolling of President Donald Trump, this time using comedic actor Steve Carell as Amazon billionaire CEO Jeff Bezos to mock the president’s bankruptcies, palace intrigue, immigration policies, canceling a salute to veterans, and haircut.
“I chose our locations because they were ideal for growing business, not just to make Donald Trump think about how I’m literally 100 times richer than he is,” Carell’s Bezos said of Amazon’s new headquarters announcements in New York City and northern Virginia.
President Donald Trump has been a frequent critic of Bezos’ Amazon empire — saying it might need to be reviewed under federal antitrust law, and should be paying more in taxes across the country, and is not playing full price for its U.S. postal service shipping.
Carell’s Bezos announced “Amazon Caravan,” a shot at President Trump’s immigration policies against open borders.
“Any package going to any Trump building will get delivered by hundreds of Honduran and Mexican immigrants,” he said.
Carell’s Bezos also attacked the president’s haircut, suggesting he “should just give up and shave [his] head like a real man would.”
“We’re ready to launch drone deliveries, too, but testing has shown that customers find drones scary and impersonal,” Carell’s Bezos continued. “That’s why I’m outfitting each and every drone with human hair.
“The style of the hair is completely random. I just wanted something that looks so silly that everybody knows it was fake. That the drone should just give up and shave its head like a real man would.”
President Trump has also been at odds with Bezos’ media holding, The Washington Post.
Carell’s Bezos picked up a Post which showed headlines “The White House is in meltdown” and “Immigration lawyers suing for Apprentice tapes of Trump using the N-word.”
“I also love our style section,” Carell’s Bezos added, showing a photo of Trump playing tennis with the headline: “Hottest New Trend: Tennis Diapers.”
- Amazon’s Jeff Bezos standing on top of a giant wind turbine is a sight to behold
- Will Ferrell to guest on The Office as Steve Carell leaves
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos hints at tablet plans
- OPINION Why Did Jeff Bezos Buy The Washington Post?
- Cities jockey for position as Jeff Bezos launches search for second Amazon.com HQ
- Amazon CEO Bezos' Stock Trade Questioned
- Jeff Bezos says Blue Origin’s next space mission will deliberately go wrong
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos patents a mini-airbag for your phone
- Amazon's Bezos Puts Stock Sales on a Timer
- Jeff Bezos's Spaceship Fails During Test Flight
- Amazon's Bezos on the Tough Questions
- Trump meets tech industry leaders, with one notable absence