Dallas (played by actor Tom Skerritt) from “Alien” approaches an alien who didn’t make it. Some Australian researchers suggest that a lot of extraterrestrials may not make it, due to a Gaian bottleneck. Stanley Bielecki Movie Collection/Getty Images Advertisement Do you ever gaze into the yawning expanse of stars and question what else is out there? Do you ever wonder if far-flung alien species are contemplating the same thing? You can stop dreaming, star child, because all those diverse forms of life probably died in the evolutionary womb. According to a new Australian National University paper published in Astrobiology, the spark of life is rare and, when it occurs, most likely perishes in early extinction. The authors, Dr. Aditya Chopra and Dr. Charles H. Lineweaver call their model the “Gaian bottleneck” and present it as a solution to Fermi’s paradox, which in turn outlines the contradiction between the probability of alien life and the stunning silence we’ve experienced thus far from the intergalactic community. Simply put, where is everybody? Why does extraterrestrial life seem to exist solely in fantasy? Various bottleneck theories attempt to answer this question, accounting for key challenging moments in the ascension of any given planetary ecosystem…. Read full this story
- We might be the only intelligent life in the universe, study says
- Watch: Woman Assaults Pro-Life Activist at University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Nicole Siegrist, synthpop musician and ‘force of life,’ among dead in Oakland fire
- France's Macron: I'm not sorry I called NATO brain dead
- Universe May Be Full of Earth-like Exoplanets
- Every Earth We Know About Before "Crisis on Infinite Earths"
- 20 Essential Grateful Dead Shows
- Ohio University quietly DELETES press release claiming insect-like beings are living on Mars in embarrassing U-turn
- Fear The Walking Dead Star Reveals One Disappointment In Exciting Return
- Life As We Know Could Have Come From Algae on Steroids
- ‘Walking Dead’s Andrew Lincoln Au Revoir Brings High-Flying & Pint-Sized Surprises
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Comics Shocker: The Final Fate Of Rick Grimes Revealed…
Sorry, but Earth Is a Spark of Life in a Yawning, Dead Universe have 338 words, post on science.howstuffworks.com at January 22, 2016. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.