You’d have a better chance of getting a double eagle in golf than spotting a U.S.-based foreign diplomat’s Peugeot 306 in Montreal, and that’s about how we felt when it drove past us in the largest city of Quebec province. The 306, of course, was never sold in the U.S. or Canada, but it has made its way here from the U.S. for a short visit, likely becoming the sole Pug 306 in the U.S. and Canada that whole week. The car gods (the old gods and the new) were certainly smiling on us and our camera that day. The only thing that would have topped this that day, in Montreal, was catching a glimpse of what is most likely the only Rover 400 in North America, which used to sit just blocks away, quietly masquerading as a Honda Civic while gaining more and more rust in the unforgiving Montreal road salt. But back to the 306: This French hatchback was produced from 1993 through 2002, which makes the early examples very importable at this point. The 306 wasn’t quite the direct replacement for the better known 205 — it was a size larger than that — officially replacing the… Read full this story
- Peugeot takes top 2 spots in 12 Hours of Sebring
- Maloof Money Cup street course has beach touch
- FIFA Street offers instant gratification
- Panthers look for bright spots after opening loss
- Padres put closer Huston Street on 15-day DL
- Does NFC West deserve playoff spot?
- Street in St. Petersburg named for Dan Wheldon
- Calm streets, cheap beer and no trouble – or fans
- Heat celebrate in the streets of Miami
- Spaniards celebrate World Cup final spot
- A look at the best 1st-round picks, spot by spot
- LSU tops 12 tailgating spots in college football
Street-Spotted: Peugeot 306 have 294 words, post on autoweek.com at September 20, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.