Apparently Red Bull gives you flares with your wings. The energy drink company sparked a series of meteor and UFO sightings over Los Angeles on Wednesday.Residents spotted a dramatic shower of moving sparks over the LA skyline. Astronomer Phil Plait initially puzzled over the phenomenon as seen in footage shared by Twitter user Celeste M. Perez. Perez wanted to know if it was a meteor.Plait soon sussed out the actual reason behind the show: wingsuit flyers with flares. The Los Angeles Police Department confirmed the news, writing “PSA: A meteor did not crash into Downtown Los Angeles, and no, it’s not an alien invasion … just a film shoot. This is Tinseltown after all.”Red Bull replied to the LAPD tweet by saying, “Looks like someone was getting the best view of the supermoon.” The company also posted a dramatic photo of the evening’s “super worm equinox moon” with a flare of sparks and the message “14% brighter. 30% bigger. 100% flare.”Red Bull shared another photo on Thursday of a wingsuit-wearing stunt person trailing fire with a view of downtown Los Angeles below. The drink company operates the Red Bull Air Force skydiving team.The wingsuit divers jumped out of a helicopter at… Read full this story
- World Series Flashers Attend Los Angeles Chargers Game, Get Field Access
- Lie and Deny: Secrecy and Suspicion Surround the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department
- In Los Angeles and around the NFL, away fans are taking over
- Suge Knight turns himself in after hit-and-run death in Los Angeles
- A look into the Los Angeles Times portrait studio at Comic-Con 2019
- Brush fire ignites in Griffith Park behind Los Angeles Zoo
- Armed Man Arrested Near Los Angeles Gay Pride Fest
- Thousands flee as fire near Getty Center in Los Angeles torches homes
- Chris Brown holds high-end yard sale at his Los Angeles home
- Alia Bhatt has her style game right on point as she chills with her team in Los Angeles
- Pia Miller shows off an incredible view of Los Angeles at sunset after debuting new romance with multi-millionaire boyfriend Patrick Whitesell
- Report: Los Angeles Chargers Mulling Move to the U.K.
Supermoon 'meteor' over Los Angeles turns out to be a bold stunt have 359 words, post on www.cnet.com at March 21, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.