Here's what's happening in the world of television for Sunday, August 1. All times are Eastern.
Kevin Can F**K Himself (AMC, 9 p.m.): The epic season finale of the sitcom-satirizing dark comedy airs tonight. (The entire first season is available to stream on AMC+.) As Saloni Gajjar writes in anticipation of the season closer: "It's engrossing to witness Allison (Annie Murphy) question her loneliness, desperation, and therefore, her morality. Even the worst decision she's ever made, hiring a killer for a narcissistic and emotionally manipulative husband, hinges on her giving up the things she enjoys. However, for a penultimate episode, 'Broken' is mostly just the setup for next week's finale and doesn't have anything new to say this far in. It does throw us a few crumbs here and there, such as when Allison answers Patty's question about whether she even wants kids by saying 'Of course, it's what you do. I just didn't want Kevin's.' We already know that Allison's worldview is dictated by traditional societal norms. Perhaps the episode would've benefitted from digging into her psyche more as opposed to moving on from her remarks and sobs to setting up the finale."
The Grand Bizarre (Criterion Channel): To quote the Criterion Channel directly: "The result of over 5 years of filming in 15 countries, the dazzling debut feature from experimental animator Jodie Mack is an eye-popping study of textile patterns around the world, edited in rapid-fire rhythm and set to a homemade pop soundtrack." Peep the video to get absorbed into this sensuous, surprising delight, which The A.V. Club declared one of the best films of 2020 .
- Yuzuru Hanyu, Alina Zagitova make NHK Trophy podium and set Grand Prix Final fields
- Grand Prix Final: Who’s in, who’s on the bubble, and how NHK Trophy impacts the standings
- Djokovic beats Nadal, levels ATP Cup final
- Roger Federer suffers shock ATP World Finals defeat by Kei Nishikori
- Nathan Chen extends Grand Prix win streak to longest in 18 years
- Behind the scenes at Grand Prix France: Day 1
- How Zion Williamson's Astonishing Debut Compares to Magic Johnson, LeBron James, Michael Jordan and Kevin Durant
- St Helens storm into Grand Final after seven-try blitz blows Wigan away
- GenNext players set to give Big three a run at Melbourne
- England consider replacement for Wayne Bennett
- How have Sports Personality of the Year winners performed after claiming award?
- Recap: Gray Area
The grand (season) finale of Kevin Can F*** Himself have 470 words, post on www.avclub.com at August 1, 2021. This is cached page on Konitono.Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.