Game for iOS;
Get It For: Rs400
Thanks to the introduction of ARKit — Apple’s framework that helps create augmented reality experiences on iOS — we’re seeing some games like The Machines. This is the same game (by developers Directive Games) that was actually demoed on stage at the iPhone 8/X launch event.
You’ll be controlling a range of battle robots and your objective is to obliterate enemies and their bases — pretty standard stuff that takes on several new dimensions in AR. You need a large enough flat surface like a table or empty space on the floor.
Use your iPhone or iPad to move around the room and your perspective of the battlefield will change accordingly. You can point your phone at the characters to select them and get in closer by physically moving your phone closer.
The interesting bit is that the audio characteristics also change as you move, getting louder as you get closer, for instance. Worth playing if you’re into strategy games.
- Facebook is reportedly working on its own augmented reality glasses
- Steam Is Adding Online Play to All Local Multiplayer Games
- 10 fun learning games to play with your toddler
- Rovio ventures into augmented reality with new ‘Angry Birds Isle of Pigs’ game
- Do you need PlayStation Plus to play online multiplayer games on PlayStation Now?
- Apple Arcade: 7 spooky mystery games to play this fall
- 10 Apple Arcade family games to play with your kids this Thanksgiving
- The best games to play with Alexa
- Ninja Theory launches project to improve mental wellbeing through game design
- The 8 Best Augmented Reality Games for Kids
- Sony patent reveals major upgrades to the PlayStation VR 2, including an augmented reality mode
- Heads up: Augmented reality prepares for the battlefield