Hello, and welcome back to Will It Casserole?, the column where I take your delicious concepts and re-imagine them as delicious casserole creations. Today we’re taking another favorite sandwich of mine—the Italian sub/grinder/hoagie/whatever—and transforming it into a hot, comforting dish of wonder. There are few sandwiches I enjoy more than a good Italian sub. Salty cured meats with strong provolone and acidic pepperoncinis never fail to make my mouth happy, and casseroling the situation was, what we call in the business, a “good move.” Sandwiches are, as a food, very easy to casserole, but some thought has to be given to the treatment of the bread. For our Monte Cristo casserole, I prepared it as I would a bread pudding, soaking the bread in a custard before baking. For this dish, however, I wanted to keep the bread a little lighter, so I only used one egg, and omitted the milk entirely, opting for a bit of broth instead to moisten, but not drench, the cubed carb. I also had no desire to bake the fresher components of the sandwich into the casserole, because no one likes baked iceberg, so those were made into a little salad. All in all,… Read full this story
- PSA: Quitting Apps on Your iPhone Will Not Improve Battery Life
- Top 10 Ways Video Games Can Improve Real Life
- Treat Yourself Like Software and Add Features to Improve Your Life
- LG refreshes Gram laptop lineup with Intel Kaby Lake processors, improved battery life
- What (Nonfiction) Book Has Helped Improve Your Life?
- How to Use a Simple Pocket Notebook to Improve Your Life
- Google releases Android O developer preview with improved battery life, notifications
- How to tackle power-hungry Android apps and improve battery life for free
- Moto 360 Android Wear timepiece receives major update, improves battery life
- Use Your Password to Improve Your Life
- How Can Lifehacker Help Improve Your Life?
This Italian Grinder Casserole Will Improve Your Quality of Life have 322 words, post on skillet.lifehacker.com at January 11, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.