Twitter suffered a complete outage for approximately an hour Thursday afternoon. The social media platform is up but is not completely functional for everyone. Twitter users trying to log on to the social network saw a message saying “Something is technically wrong” Thursday. The company confirmed the service was down and found the culprit to be “an internal configuration change” according to the Twitter status page. Downdetector showed reports from around the globe confirming Twitter was done starting at 11:46 a.m. PT on Thursday. At the same time Twitter was down, President Donal Trump held a White House Social Media Summit. Both Facebook and Twitter were not invited to the event. Originally published July 11, 11:59 a.m. PT.Update, 12:08 p.m.: Adds mention of Twitter status page. 12:30 p.m.: Adds background details. 1:04 p.m.: Adds info on outage status.
- Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp Back Up After Massive Outage
- American Air partner resumes flights after 675 canceled
- What happened to our electricity system in the heat? Coal and gas plants failed
- The Energy 202: Scott Pruitt praises emissions drop but still hasn't conceded climate change is real
- The Energy 202: Why climate scientists want to be thought of as the real 'climate skeptics'
- Rivers Rise, Death Toll Swells in the Carolinas as Florence Weakens to Depression
- Duke Energy confirms new coal ash spill in North Carolina
- Secretary of State Mike Pompeo jokes he'll serve until Trump 'tweets me out of office'
- US stocks fall as big tech, internet companies slump