For the president and many uniformed people around the country, Chicago has become the poster child for gun violence in America. But being based here, The A.V. Club knows the city’s darkness is outshone by its people, culture, and the brilliant artists to come out of the city. One of those artists is Vic Mensa, who’s riding a wave of success after releasing his first full-length studio album, The Autobiography, earlier this year. In the video above, Vic offers insight on what he thinks outsiders should understand about the City Of Big Shoulders.
More from The A.V. Club
- Old Vic bicentenary celebrations to include free performances and procession
- EastEnders’ viewers question Lady Di drama as Queen Vic saved at last minute
- 'Guardian scheme' launched at Old Vic in wake of Spacey investigation
- Suffolk stage star Ruthie Henshall creates West End record as she returns to musical Chicago
- Did you know the Chicago River is dyed green on St Patrick's Day?
- Ex-UDA boss Boreland 'executed' outside home by loyalist paramilitaries, court hears
- Drones are used to kill terror suspects outside warzones, bombshell MoD document states
- ‘We want 20mph speed limit outside our schools’
- Superstore advised child to 'go to the toilet outside'
- Landlord wants clarity after new owners put up advert for lease outside pub
- Fight goes on as former pub sold Pub site sold to outside bidder
- Fight goes on as former pub site sold to outside bidder