Mar 27, 2018; Montreal, Quebec, CAN; Toronto Blue Jays infielder Vladimir Guerrero Jr. (middle)(center) reacts with teammates including shortstop Bo Bichette (left) after hitting a home run in the ninth inning to defeat the St. Louis Cardinals at Olympic Stadium. Eric Bolte-USA TODAY Sports
You could not have scripted the ending to Tuesday’s Toronto Blue Jays-St Louis Cardinals exhibition game in Montreal any better.
Vladimir Guerrero Jr., the son of Hall of Famer Vlad Guerrero, hit a walk-off home run with two outs in the bottom of the ninth inning off Jack Flaherty to break a scoreless game.
The game was taking place in Montreal, which is where Vlad’s father played the first eight seasons of his career. Montreal lost the franchise, which moved to DC and was renamed the Nationals, a year after Guerrero left.
Not only is it cool for Montreal to have baseball back, but it’s hard to beat those fans getting to see some more Guerrero magic. That’s why the curtain call topped it off perfectly.
- NBA trade grades: Heat win Andre Iguodala sweepstakes; Grizzlies hit home run with Justise Winslow
- Robert Downey Jr. Looks Back on Playing Iron Man: I’m Not Defined by ‘What I Did' with Marvel
- Watch The Walking Dead Season 5 Recap Before Sunday's New Episode
- 'You stunned the world': Brave mother of three siblings killed when they were run down by a 'speeding drunk driver' is praised for her forgiveness – as she clutches on to rosary beads while doves are released over their little white coffins
- Lily Allen looks incredibly chic in a green and blue lace gown as she and beau David Harbour lead the stars at Chanel's pre-BAFTAs 2020 party
- BAFTAs 2020: Pregnant Jodie Turner-Smith is radiant in a yellow gown as she walks the red carpet with husband Joshua Jackson... before delighting fans by live-tweeting the ceremony
- Aerosmith, Rock’s Longest-Running Dysfunctional Family Sitcom
- Kirk Douglas' last family photo: Late actor is seen sitting proudly among four generations while dining at son Michael's home... as tributes pour in for the star after his death aged 103
- Susanna Reid tells of frantic dash TOWARD scene of horrific Streatham terror attack after seeing a helicopter fly over her home and social media posts of armed police outside her local Lidl
- Turkey says 51 Syrian soldiers killed as rebels hit back in Idlib
- NSW wild weather: Three killed, homes washed away in Dungog as 'cyclonic' winds batter Sydney, Hunter and Central Coast
- Teacher died of heart attack just days after schoolboy, 15, tried to mug her outside her own home
Vladimir Guerrero Jr hits incredible walk-off home run in Montreal have 417 words, post on www.yardbarker.com at March 28, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono.Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.