Last week, we highlighted Blue Jays prospect Vladimir Guerrero, Jr., who has been lighting up Double-A pitching. Jays fans have been wondering if Guerrero might be playing well enough to warrant a promotion to the majors. On Monday, Guerrero took advantage of the fervor and trolled everyone into thinking he was being called up.
Guerrero posted a picture on Instagram this afternoon with the geolocation tag for John F. Kennedy International Airport in Queens, New York. The Jays happen to open up a short two-game series in Queens against the Mets on Tuesday. Cue the hype.
As MLB.com’s Cespedes Family BBQ noted, Guerrero shortly thereafter removed the geolocation tag for JFK airport, adding yet more intrigue.
It turns out that Guerrero had actually posted that photo back in December, as Sportsnet’s Faizal Khamisa pointed out. It appears Guerrero then deleted the original photo from his Instagram. Guerrero has since deleted today’s post that inspired all of the detective work.
A+ trolling game, Vlad. A+.
- Loose Women's Denise Welch reveals how her husband tracked down a troll who would abuse her online and got him fired from his job
- British politics has been taken over by trolls
- EXCLUSIVE: 'I'm dedicating this fight to Meghan and little baby Archie.' Thomas Markle Jr comes face-to-face with rival Mark Wahlberg's best friend 'Nacho Extreme' as he prepares for his celebrity boxing match
- EXCLUSIVE: Carole Radziwill reflects on losing John Kennedy Jr and his wife Carolyn on 20th anniversary of fatal plane crash as she reveals they had a date to dine on steak and peach pie and shares rare photos of their secret wedding
- EXCLUSIVE: The Lord of the Ring! Meghan Markle’s half-brother Thomas Markle Jr. says he'll earn his living as a celebrity boxer after his weekend victory (by default!) in Atlantic City - and plans to fight baseball legend Jose Canseco
- Jeremy Edwards hits out at trolls who SLAM him for his X Factor: Celebrity tantrum... as he jokes the show made him 'look fat AND sound out of tune'
- Mother's zombie-inspired photoshoot featuring her young children playing in fake blood is compared to an 'abortion scene' by trolls who said they should be 'taken away from her'
- Anthony Joshua opens up on heartbreaking defeat by Andy Ruiz Jr
- 'I hope this haunts you for the rest of your life': Boy, eight, who snagged record-breaking 314kg tiger shark is trolled by animal activists for killing the 'beautiful' predator
- Actor with genetic disorder calls for education about online bullying to be added to the National Curriculum on Lorraine - as viewers brand him an 'inspiration'
- LeBron James is slammed as a hypocrite and accused of pandering to China for calling Rockets GM Daryl Morey 'misinformed' over his tweets supporting Hong Kong's pro-democracy protesters
- New rules on dealing with trolls backed by top celebrities
Vladimir Guerrero, Jr. trolled everyone into thinking he was being called up have 468 words, post on mlb.nbcsports.com at May 14, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono.Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.