A STATE of emergency has been declared ahead of President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration. Tighter measures are now in place after after MAGA supporters stormed the Capitol building in Washington DC. What is a state of emergency? A state of emergency is a situation which allows the government increase powers in the area. It can be declared for a number of reasons including civil unrest or a natural disaster. In some extreme cases it can mean that martial law is put into effect. Following the violence at the US Capitol building on January 6, a state of emergency has been declared given the unrest in Washington DC. The President declared a state of emergency in the nation’s capital on January 11 ahead of President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration. Trump ordered federal agencies to provide assistance to local law enforcement as fears of violence continued to mount a week after MAGA supporters stormed the Capitol.”Specifically, FEMA is authorized to identify, mobilize, and provide at its discretion, equipment and resources necessary to alleviate the impacts of the emergency,” the declaration states. “Emergency protective measures, limited to direct Federal assistance, will be provided at 100 percent Federal funding.” What does it mean when one is declared?… Read full this story
- Opioid Crisis: What Does It Mean to Declare a National Public Health Emergency?
- US orders all non-emergency personnel out of Venezuela after Maduro appears in parliament to declare closure of consulates in US as military warn of 'civil war' in the country with TWO presidents
- Turkey ends state of emergency, but eyes tough terror bill
- Maduro stands defiant: Venezuelan leader appears in parliament to declare closure of consulates in US as military warn of 'civil war' in the country with TWO presidents
- In Prince Andrew Scandal, Prince Charles Emerges as Monarch-in-Waiting
- Marine Le Pen emerges from father's shadow
- Australian petition backing declaration of climate emergency hits record – but will it work?
- Mueller and Trump On Collision Course. How Does It All End?
- Euro 2016 and the forgotten victims of Saint-Denis
- Japan earthquake and tsunami: what happened and why
- Will Senate Republicans Really Stand Up to Trump Over Mexico Tariffs? We May Soon Find Out
- Was the Attack on Assad's Air Base Legal?
What is an emergency declaration and what does it mean? have 359 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at January 12, 2021. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.