Amazon Prime Day is coming soon. OK, maybe “soon” is a stretch, but it’s never too early to start planning. After all, these are deals we’re talking about!
Although the company has yet to announce the exact dates of the big event, which promises site-wide discounts on par with Black Friday. Here’s what we know, based on the patterns of the past few Prime Days:
- It will almost certainly happen in mid-July.
- It will probably span more than one day. In 2017, Prime Day started late on a Monday and ended early on Wednesday. Last year, it lasted 36 hours, starting on Monday, July 16.
- The biggest discounts are likely to apply to Amazon’s own products and brands, including the full range of Echo speakers, Fire tablets and Fire TV streamers, Kindle readers, Blink cameras and so on.
Obviously we’ll keep you posted once we get more news about dates, deals and everything else.
Where can I find more Prime Day advice?
It’s never too early to start learning the tricks of the Prime Day trade. For now, you can check out my main stories from last year:
I can’t wait for July. Where can I find good deals now?
Yes, July is many weeks away. But there are still plenty of sales and deals in the meantime.
Check out Amazon’s own Deals Page, which is updated daily.
Read my own Cheapskate feed, where I identify great deals every weekday.
Check out CNET Deals, where we share aggregate a variety of deals from our retail partners and the web at large.
CNET’s Cheapskate scours the web for great deals on PCs, phones, gadgets and much more. Note that CNET may get a share of revenue from the sale of the products featured on this page. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our FAQ page. Find more great buys on the CNET Deals page and follow the Cheapskate on Facebook and Twitter!
- Happy Amazon Prime Day 2017! Best deals and how to find the cheapest bargains
- What is Amazon Prime Day, when does it end in 2017 and do you need membership to enjoy the deals?
- Amazon Prime Day 2017 – how to make sure the deals are ‘real’ and get involved without paying the £79 fee
- Amazon Prime Day deals – from Surface Pros and Fitbits to GoPros and the Xbox One S
- Why some of the deals in Amazon’s Prime Day 2017 sale aren’t very good (and how you can find out if they are legit)
- Mexico's Televisa to create content for Amazon Prime
- The best new TV and films on Amazon Prime in February (plus everything else)
- Amazon Prime: the best new TV and films in March (plus everything else)
- If you live in one of these UK villages, you’re about to get free Amazon Prime for a year
- Amazon Boxing Day sale is now on as retailer rolls out six days of deals on must-have items that launch every five minutes
- Amazon Boxing Day sale: Top hacks to help shoppers get the best deals in the huge end-of-year blowout
- Amazon Boxing Day sale 2017 - Top hacks to help shoppers get the best deals in the huge end-of-year blowout