THE Easter bank holiday dates change every year, so it is important to keep track – especially as careful diary planning can often secure you extra time away from the office. While Christmas and Valentine’s Day are fixed and easy to remember, Easter can fall anytime between March 22 and April 25. Here are the 2019 dates for your diary… When is Easter 2019 and how is the date decided? Next year Easter falls on Sunday, April 21. Good Friday is, therefore, April 19, and the Easter Monday bank holiday is on April 22. The date is decided by a complex set of calculations based on observations of the moon. In early Christianity, different churches used different methods, leading to disagreements which remain unresolved centuries later. Eastern and Western churches continue to celebrate Easter according to different calendars, although sometimes by chance the festivals coincide. Easter celebrates the death and resurrection of Jesus, which the Bible says happened around the Jewish festival Passover. Passover typically begins on the night of the first full moon after the spring equinox, except in “leap months” when it is the second full moon, as in 2016. As the actual full moon can vary in each time zone, the Church… Read full this story
- The 2019 holiday movies get an early start
- The 2019 holiday movies get a (ridculously) early start
- Ekadashi 2019: Important dates and Vrat rules
- BSEH Haryana releases HTET 2019 exam dates, notification soon
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2019: Release date, price, gameplay and more
- Clocks change 2019: When do the clocks change? What date do they go back?
- CTET December 2019 registration date extended again, now apply up to Sept 30 @ctet.nic.in
- Modern Love on Amazon release date: When does it start? How many episodes?
- The Accident on Channel 4 start date: When does it start? How many episodes?
- NCIS LA season 11, episode 6 release date: When does NCIS LA return?
- Election Results 2019: "Few Governments Return After 5 Years": PM On Haryana, Maharashtra
- Pokémon Go on holiday: How much does it cost to catch ‘em all abroad?
When is Easter 2019, how is the holiday’s date decided and why does it change each year? have 336 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 14, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono Blog. If you want remove this page, please contact us.